I’ve been going through all my food photos and need to play catch-up with posting these recipes.
This was one of the first recipes I watched on TV. . Everyday Italian with Giada. . I love meat and had never cooked meat before with wine. . my husband is the griller of the household so I usually never grill or cook the meat/steak/tri-tip whatever. . he always grills it outside. . But after I watched how easy this recipe was and saw the chance to buy a new grill pan. . my heart started to flutter and I got really excited. This recipe also introduced me to my – now fave- Chianti (from Trader Joe’s; it’s only like $4.99 or something like that. Good, cheap cooking wine but also tastes good).
- 4 to 6 lamb rib or loin chops
- 2 cups Chianti (or other red wine)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped freshrosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
Serve the lamb chops on a platter with a serving bowl of the Chianti vinaigrette alongside for drizzling over the meat.