So, after a turn of unexpected events, I am actually here in Dallas, TX caring for my mother who was recently hospitalized and in the ICU. She is doing ok- thank God- and being here puts things into perspective. Taking care of and cooking and cleaning for my mother, who always took care of and fed me. . I would do anything for this woman. She and my dad are growing old and need to watch their health. . they have been trying to change their diets, cut out salt, cut out white rice etc. . so I made this dish for my mother and my daughter (who is almost 5 yrs old) found this recipe in The All-Natural Diabetes Cookbook and said she wanted to make this for hal-mo-nee (grandmother).
So, here’s to my mom. .
Vietnamese-Style Beef and Soba Noodle Soup
- 1/4 cup brown rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. naturally brewed reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp. acacia or other mild honey
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger root (I did not have any of this and everything still tasted delicious!)
- 10 oz. lean beef tenderloin (antibiotic free) cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 3 oz. dry soba noodles (japanese buckwheat noodles)
- 1 (14.25 oz) can or container natural fat-free beef flavored broth
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint (optional)
- 1/4 cup julienned carrots