Inspired- again- by Mrs. Buena Vida and her “Fresh Veggie Tacos” recipe, I added battered fish and a few other veggies and voila! Fresh homemade FISH tacos. These are divine. Clean, crisp tasting and fresh! This is a MUST TRY RECIPE and great for summer! Hope you enjoy!
Homemade Fresh Fish Tacos
- 1/2 onion, diced (I prefer RED onions for the color)
- half bag of sweet corn from Trader Joe’s (or any kind of sweet corn)
- 1-2 cucumber, diced
- 1-2 medium fresh tomato, diced (if you can splurge, go for fresh heirloom tomatoes if they are in season; they will taste divine)
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced (or red, green or orange; just adding for color!)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Battered fish nuggets or fish sticks; cooked and chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and minced (optional)
- 2-3 tbs cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, squeezed (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- flour tortillas
- Pre-heat your oven and bake your fish nuggets or fish sticks (according to package).
- Dice up all of the veggies; place into a large bowl.
- Over medium heat, saute the corn in a little butter.
- Transfer to a large bowl with all of the rest of your veggies.
- Season with salt, pepper and lime juice. Toss gently.
- Heat your tortillas in a pan with butter (or lightly in a toaster oven) until they’re golden, but still soft (or whatever you prefer).
- Assemble and serve while they are warm!
You can increase the portions above if you are making these for more people. This recipe is perfect for a summer day with your family! Enjoy!