So, I wanted to make something patriotic for dessert for July 4th and was going through all of my recipes on Pinterest and also visiting several of my favorite food blogs . . and as soon as I saw this photo, I knew I had to make Skinnytaste’s Red, White & Blueberry Trifle. This recipe is all HERS and her photo is absolutely gorgeous! I had some left over chocolate chip cookies and used those as my very bottom layer. . which my nephew, Andrew, seemed to appreciate when he took a bite and tasted the chocolate chip cookie! 😛
You must try this recipe! It’s oh so yummy!
Red, White and Blueberry Trifle
- 10 oz angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes (I used pound cake)
- 2 pints strawberries, sliced
- 2 pints blueberries
For the cream filling:
- 6 tbsp fat-free sweetened condensed milk (I used Borden Eagle)
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 package sugar-free white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 12 oz fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Wash and cut all of the strawberries.
- Whisk the condensed milk and water in a bowl. Whisk in the pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; fold in the whipped topping.
- Arrange half of the cake in the bottom of a 14-cup trifle dish. If you don’t have a trifle dish, try a deep, clear, tall bowl like I did. I know it’s not ideal but don’t let not having the dish keep you from trying this!
- Sprinkle evenly with a layer of blueberries. Spread half of the cream mixture over the blueberries and gently spread (I piped it using a plastic ziploc bag and cut the corner off). Top with a layer of strawberries.
- Layer the remaining cake cubes on top of the strawberries, then add more blueberries and top with the remaining cream mixture.
- Finish with the remaining strawberries and blueberries, arranging them in a pretty pattern.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one 1 hour.