I love basil! I love the smell, the taste, and everything about it! Loving basil = loving pesto! Here’s a recipe that marries pesto + potatoes & grilling! Looking for a yummy potato side dish? This one is perfect for the summer!
So, I had some pesto leftover from my Caprese Tower recipe and I was going to make this recipe after watching Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello. BUT then I saw this recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod. After I saw their photo, I knew I had to try their recipe! I used my pesto recipe and then followed their instructions. Sprinkle some freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano on top and serve! This recipe is a must-try. Hope you enjoy!
Grilled Pesto Potatoes
To make the basil pesto:
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano cheese; divided
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil; divided
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 -8 (red or gold) potatoes, washed and cut into cubes (skin on)
- Cooking Spray
- Aluminum Foil
1. Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor or blender and pulse until coarsely chopped. With the food processor running, slowly add the olive oil and process until smooth. Add the Parmesan-Reggiano cheese and pulse until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
2. In a medium to large bowl, combine the potatoes and pesto. Mix until potatoes are well covered. Spray a large piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray. Add the potatoes and wrap in a foil packet. Wrap another piece of foil (or 2) around the packet so it is sturdy enough to grill.
3. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Place the potato packet on the grill. Cook for 15 minutes and then flip the packet. Cook for an additional 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and slightly crisp. Carefully remove the potatoes from the packet.
4. Sprinkle with more Parmesan-Reggiano cheese, serve while still warm & enjoy!